Apply for Services
IMPORTANT: If you have received an eviction notice (Unlawful Detainer), you must respond within 5 days (Saturday and Sunday do not count toward the 5 days). Please do not allow this deadline to pass!
Public Counsel is part of Stay Housed L.A., a new initiative to provide the residents of L.A. County with information and resources to keep people in their homes.
- To determine if you are eligible for legal assistance, please fill out click “Get Legal Help” and fill out the form on its website.
Additionally, if your eviction action was filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Downtown Los Angeles, you may be eligible for assistance through The Shriver Housing Project if:
- The opposing party has an attorney listed on the Summons and Complaint;
- You are a party to an eviction case filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse;
- You are at the beginning of the eviction, and are low-income.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Shriver Self-Help Center is operating remotely.
- For assistance, please call the Shriver Hotline at (818) 485-0576
- Or email Shrivershpublic@nlsla.org
- Flyer from the Court (8/25/20) HERE.
Eviction Assistance Center*
Stanley Mosk Courthouse
111 North Hill Street, Room 115
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 9 AM to 12 PM, 1 PM to 4 PM
Fridays: 9 AM to 12 PM