Law Students, Recent Graduates and New Attorneys: Get Off to a Great Start
Work side-by-side with top litigators on tough cases. Go one-on-one with a client in need. Change someone’s life. Getting involved with Public Counsel can change your career.
Summer Internships for Law Students
- Our summer internship is a great way to flex your legal muscles. You’ll be part of an intensive program where you learn about the law and start making a difference for clients. Get front-line experience by fighting for consumers, immigrants seeking asylum, children and families, cutting through red tape for nonprofits, and more. Public Counsel has a vibrant summer internship program that includes law students from all across the nation.
- For more information about the application process, click here.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Click here to learn about immediate openings in the Consumer Law Project.
- List of specific projects where law students are needed to assist at our Public Counsel offices, including case research and seminar planning:
- Public Counsel welcomes fellowship applications. Applications for those proposing law school fellowships are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Applications for those proposing Equal Justice Works or Skadden fellowship projects should be in accordance with the instructions, guidelines, and timelines contained here.
Public Counsel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnic group identification, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, condition of physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation, in accordance with requirements of Federal and State laws.
All qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.