At Public Counsel, our vision is to build an equitable society where all people thrive, with systems and laws that deliver on the promise of justice for all. The dedication and support of our pro bono partners are integral to bringing this vision to fruition, working hand-in-hand with our team to create lasting change and provide access to justice for those who need it most.
As the nation’s largest provider of pro bono services, pro bono has been an instrumental part of our mission for over 50 years. By generously donating their time, skills, and resources, our pro bono partners play a crucial role in shaping a brighter future for Los Angeles and our nation. Pro bono service not only addresses the immediate legal needs of those we serve but also contributes to the healing and strengthening of our communities, fostering justice and empowerment that resonates far and wide.
As we celebrate National Pro Bono Week this week, Public Counsel is thrilled to announce our 2023 Pro Bono Honorees, volunteers who have gone above and beyond in their commitment to justice and service. Their tireless dedication to Public Counsel clients is the epitome of the life-changing legal work all of our volunteers engage in every day. Please join us in congratulating and celebrating this year’s recipients:
- Tieryn Bills, MSW Intern, Honored by the Center for Veterans’ Advancement
- Matthew Heartney of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP, Honored by the Community Development Project
- Amy Abeloff and Ashley Arnett of Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Honored by the Community Development Project Small Business Team
- Rodriguez Litigation Team from Latham & Watkins LLP, Honored by the Consumer Rights & Economic Justice Project
- Sean O’neal of DLA Piper, Honored by the Homelessness Prevention Law Project
- Katie Tinto, Criminal Justice Clinic Director at UC Irvine Law School, Honored by the Immigrants’ Rights Project Anti-Detention Team
- Soyoung Jung of Paul Hastings LLP, Honored by the Immigrants’ Rights Project Pro Bono Asylum Team
- Cayla J Litigation Team from Morrison & Foerster LLP, Honored by Opportunity Under Law
We also want to express our profound gratitude to each and every one of our pro bono partners. Every year, thousands of talented legal professionals selflessly volunteer their time and expertise, providing essential support and advocacy that transforms the lives of those in dire need. Thank you for being an integral part of our journey to build a more just society. Together, we are making a meaningful difference, and we are honored to stand alongside you in this vital work.
With heartfelt thanks,
Director of Pro Bono
P.S. If you’re inspired to make a difference and join our team of dedicated volunteers, click the button below to get involved!