Apply for Services
IMPORTANT: If you have received an eviction notice (Unlawful Detainer), you must respond within 5 days (Saturday and Sunday do not count toward the 5 days). Please do not allow this deadline to pass!
Stay Housed L.A.
Public Counsel is part of Stay Housed L.A., an initiative to provide the residents of L.A. County with information and resources to keep people in their homes.
- To determine if you are eligible for legal assistance, please fill out click “Get Legal Help” and fill out the form on its website.
The Shriver Housing Project – L.A.
Additionally, if your eviction action was filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Downtown Los Angeles, you may be eligible for assistance through The Shriver Housing Project if:
- The opposing party has an attorney listed on the Summons and Complaint;
- You are a party to an eviction case filed at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse;
- You are at the beginning of the eviction, and are low-income.
Please Note: As of June 2023, the Shriver Self-Help Center has transitioned to in-person services! The email address and hotline phone number that were used while the clinic operated remotely will no longer be monitored or responded to.
For self-help assistance with your eviction issue, please visit our center located at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse (Room 115) during the hours we are open for assistance:
- MONDAY – THURSDAY 8:30 am- 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Please note that the center is closed on Fridays, and staff are not on site.