Apply for Services
Debt Collection, Foreclosure & Fraud
Public Counsel handles a wide range of fraudulent and unfair business practices – from large-scale scams to unfair business or governmental practices that affect disadvantaged groups, to individual cases of real estate fraud or financial elder abuse. In addition, we provide direct services in individual cases of real estate fraud, financial elder abuse, auto financing fraud and predatory lending, and provide pro bono placement in certain cases.
Persons may be eligible for services if they have a legal issue related to:
- Fraud or unfair business practices in some type of transaction
- Debt collection, including harassment by creditors, default judgments, and wrongful wage garnishment or bank levies
- Real estate fraud
- For-profit schools and related student loan debt
- Financial abuse of an elder or a disabled person
- Targeting disadvantaged groups for unfair business practices
- Criminalization of poverty
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the holiday break, our intake line is closed from December 15, 2021, through January 5, 2022. Please revisit this page in the new year.
To get assistance with any of the above issues, please fill out our online application:
Alternatively, you can call our intake line and leave a message: CLOSED