Apply for Services
The Community Development Project provides legal and policy support to community-led coalitions and movements for racial and economic justice to build power in low-income communities of color, and welcomes the opportunity to support campaigns related to:
- The creation and preservation of affordable and supportive housing, social housing, and community land trusts;
- Protecting tenants and keeping tenants housed;
- Ensuring inclusive and equitable housing and economic development;
- Advancing and enforcing fair housing and affordable housing laws;
- Ending the criminalization of homelessness and poverty;
- Supporting workers and low-income entrepreneurs, including street vendors;
- Reparation of the harms of past racial discrimination and segregation; and
- Other campaigns relating to tackling and undoing systemic racism and uplifting marginalized communities of color.
If you are working with a community-based campaign and would like legal assistance, apply here.
Read more about the work of Public Counsel’s Community Development Project here.