- This event has passed.
Starting and Sustaining a New Nonprofit
June 15, 2022 @ 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Join us on Wednesday, June 15 from 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM, for a webinar for new nonprofits, co-sponsored by Public Counsel and the Center for Nonprofit Management (CNM).
Startups and new nonprofits face a number of planning, financial, and legal challenges from the outset. This introductory course will cover both legal and programmatic fundamentals, including best practices for designing successful programs, recruiting an effective board, developing a sustainable fundraising plan, forming a California nonprofit corporation and applying for tax exemption, and complying with ongoing tax and legal requirements. Whether you’re looking to start a new nonprofit or take your new organization to the next level, you will walk away with valuable resources, templates, tools, and tips on topics most critical to planning, forming, and growing a nonprofit organization.
- Keys to Effective Strategic Planning and Program Development
- Understanding the Why, the Mission, Goals/Objectives, the Organizational Assessment, and Evaluating Impact
- Well-Functioning Boards
- Board requirements, good governance, and roles and responsibilities.
- Resource Development in the Current Economic Environment
- Creating a comprehensive fundraising plan, and the grant and donor-seeking landscape.
- Corporate and Tax Compliance
- Starting a nonprofit corporation, applying for tax exemption and ongoing compliance. Fiscal Sponsorship (see below) as an alternative to starting a new nonprofit organization.
The seminar cost is $40.
HOW TO REGISTER
Advance registration is required. To register, please click here.
Optimized for the virtual environment, this 2-hour seminar will consist of presentations, group discussions, breakout group sessions, polls, and short breaks. This is an opportunity to do a deep dive on a new topic and leave with tools that you can put into practice immediately.
If you have any questions, contact Bryan Guzman at (213) 266-8464, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking about fiscal sponsorship?
Fiscal sponsorship is an alternative available to individuals or groups performing charitable services and wishing to give their donors the ability to take a charitable contribution deduction, but not wanting to spend a great amount of time and resources to comply with the extensive filing requirements, tax compliance, and other legal obligations associated with incorporation and tax exemption. Fiscal sponsorship may be appropriate when the proposed charitable program is relatively small in scope, temporary in nature or when the business plan is in its beginning stages. If you want to learn more about fiscal sponsorship, please click here.