Self-Help Appellate Clinic
Public Counsel’s Self-Help Appellate clinic provides procedural information and assistance to people who are representing themselves in appeals pending in the Second District of the Court of Appeal and the Appellate Division of any Superior Court within the Second District.
NOTE: Due to the current public health emergency, the Clinic is operating telephonically and online.
To make an appointment for a telephonic consultation:
- Call (213) 830-7234 on Wednesdays.
- Priority for appointments – but not a guarantee of an appointment – is given to the first ten callers.
Temporary changes during the COVID-19 crisis are:
- The appointment request line will remain open only until all appointments that can be handled within the next week are filled.
- Fewer appointments can be handled per week than usual, so appointments will be limited to litigants facing earliest deadlines.
- Some appointments may be for days other than a Wednesday.
Every effort will be made to notify successful callers of their appointments no later than the close of business on Friday. While we adjust to the emergency schedule, however, notifications may be delayed.
Clinic location (temporarily closed):
Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District
Ronald Reagan State Building
300 S. Spring Street
2nd Floor, North Tower
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Typically, the Clinic is open, by appointment, on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for in-person consultations.